Monday, August 4, 2008

An unexpectedly pleasant detour in Vancouver



With the Salt Lake flight being late and with having to get through the customs and get the luggage, I missed the China Air gate by five minutes and was unable to continue on to Beijing. Luckily, Aleksandar's aunt and uncle who live in Canada happened to be home, ready to meet me on a short notice. We spent a lovely afternoon in Horseshoe Bay. I got to go for my second run in a beautiful Mundy Park (kind of like the Horsky Park in Bratislava only ten times better) and had a yummy dinner in a Japanese/ Korean restaurant with a strange name. I was reminded how cool Vancouver is.... I wish it had 100,000 people and an average house costing $150,000 (and a need for L2 teacher educators). I mean, seriously, they have it all! The beach, the mountains....

Now it's off to bed and I will hopefully be writing my next post from Beijing.

No comments: