Friday, August 1, 2008

Three days to the departure



I am feeling a little under the gun with the final preparations. It is also quite hard to gauge training at this point- still doing enough, but not over training. But, I know once I am on that plane I will be able to leave the worries behind and focus on preparing the best I can.

Biggest concern: My respiratory mask. It's been hard getting the company to ship it and both Aleksandar and I feel it would be extremely beneficial to have it. Apparently, all the endurance athlete on the US track team have gotten one and the British team is using them (click here to read a story about the British endurance athletes). There was a good segment on NPR talking about just how bad the air really can get and another story on what the US athletes are doing to prepare that some of you may like to listen to. Click here to listen to the story.


No comments: