Thursday, August 21, 2008

Forbidden City (+before and after)

Here is a quick update and a few pics taken yesterday and today. It was the first day after the marathon that my legs were not really sore so we did some walking around...


Yet another group of athletes left the Olympic Village yesterday morning. It's kind of sad watching people leave...

Alex being Alex on the Tiannamen Square...

Alex being Alex in the Forbidden City...

Zuzka in the Forbidden City: a stark contrast to her less than less elegant husband....

OK, I did get one decent picture out of him.

The end of the Forbidden City visit. It was interesting and cool to see despite the rain, but the guards made us walk a lot more than we wanted to... I guess you are not supposed to be in charge of your sightseeing experience in China.

The lunch in the Slovak House was nowhere ready so we went to do a bit more shopping. This is Alex's look that roughly translates to "Much as I love you, if you make me give you an opinion on one more tea box or silk scarf I will divorce you!".

I feel super important in the Slovak Representative House. The food is INCREADIBLE- I had three portions of halusky and all kinds of meants and of course, a really, really good traditional Slovak drink with foam on top :)))


I wish I could cook like this. OK, let me rephrase - I wish Aleksandar could cook like this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

zuzana, nice pictures and enjoy the sights of beijing. you are very lucky and blessed indeed! good luck! i hope to visit beijing next year for The North Face 100 Endurance Run.

bald runner

Anonymous said...

I want to see Alex being Manny in China.
I'll split the bail with you.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them. This isn't nearly as exciting as being in China, but I thought you might like to know...(drumroll)...Sherman is learning to explore deep water! We'll make a swimmer of him yet!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Keep posting them. Ivan and I can't wait for the morning to read all about you. Enjoy yourselves.

Anonymous said...

Enough with the pictures and commentary from the Forbidden City. (Don't you know we have Mary Cirillo for such scheninagans stateside?)

The big elephant in the china shop is what is Alex doing throwing westside gang signs while wearing Dodger blue? First Manny. Then Chis Laman. Now Alex. Red Sox Nation hangs it's weary head.

-Tk