Sunday, August 3, 2008

One day to go....

The race/workout went well today. I ran 17:48ish, roughly averaging 5:45 per mile. The second 5k (the threashold pace) I averaged 6:01 and the third (the marathon pace) 6:11. I struggled a little on the second one, but felt great on the last repeat.

The rest of the day was just a lot of cleaning, organizing, packing, and last major chat with Alex about the upcoming two weeks worth of running. Now it's 11pm so off to bed so I can wake up early enough to squeeze in a morning run before flying off at 10:55 am.

2 comments:

tri-sportsgirl said...

Good Luck Zuzana! I believe in you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Zuzana,

I just learned of your blog, and am glad to have the opportunity to follow your preparations. It's really exciting -- makes the Games more personal to be able to root for someone you know.

Hope that Beijing air is not as bad as they say it is, and that your mask works well!

All best wishes,

Prof. Huckin