Thursday, August 7, 2008

Four other noteworthy events of the day

1. Here it is. My first encounter with the toilet/hole. I heard about it before leaving for China and tried hard to imagine it, but my imagination came short of what it really is like. It flushed only after I left the porto-potty and I did not dare to go back to see wha the end result was :)))).




2. As I started running today I saw my former Western State College teammate, Rubin McRae! It was quite funny-we looked at each other and were not sure..., not sure..., not sure..., and yeah, could this really be? He is here with the team from New Zealand working as their massage therapist. I do hope to see more of them-if anyone reading this blog from Gunni happens to have his email would you email it to me or post it? I hope to catch up with him more-he said he'd even run with me...

3. I sat next to Amy Begley (Team USA-10,000m) and Nicole Teter (Team USA- 800m) during the dinner tonight. I guess they have just arrived. Pleasant girls. I guess Amy is planning to run her first marathon this fall (either Chicago or New York). It will be interesting how fast she will go.

4. The people from the Slovak Television just about raided my room and made me do an awkward interview. I beg my Slovak friends who see it not to judge my intellect on the way I was expressing (or failing to express) myself :)))). It was pure hell. If I ever commit a crime and they ask you for ideas as to the worst possible punishment, by all means suggest being interviewed on the Slovak National Television.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had never had a chance to see "turkish" toilet (i guess, it's also chinese after all)? Not a very comfy piece of necessity :)
Who were the Slovak TV guys?

Zuzana Tomas said...

Never been to Turkey.
Stanislav Stepan for STV.
Z

Rivka said...

I am thrilled that you received the letter and went. What an experience of a lifetime
We will watch for you. You GO GIRL!!
Your friend, Rivka Levy